Below you will find a list of previous asked questions from our customers. If you cannot find your answer please contact us here
- When can I board the ship?
- Your tickets will show your time of embarkation which is generally 2 - 3 hours before sailing. All passengers must be on board no later than 1 hour before the sailing time.
- Is there parking available at the port?
- Car parking is available at all the major UK ports. These are often adjacent to the cruise terminal or a short distance away with a transfer service. Parking prices vary dependent on the duration of the cruise and can be booked directly with the parking agency.
- What should I pack for my cruise?
- For the majority of cruise lines, the day time dress code is casual and during the evening it is smart casual. Most ships will have formal nights throughout the cruise, with a typical 7 night cruise having no more than two. Formal attire consists of a dinner suit or tuxedo for gents and trouser suit or cocktail/evening dress for ladies.
- How much luggage can I take with me?
- If you are sailing out and returning to the UK then you can take as much luggage as you want, providing you can store it in your cabin. If you are flying to join the ship then your luggage amount will be dependent on the airline you are flying with.
- What should I do if I need to amend or cancel my booking?
- You can amend or cancel your cruise by contacting us with your bon voyage booking reference and the details of the change you need to make. Please be aware that there may be an amendment or cancellation charge. See terms and conditions for full details. You can contact us using the help page.
- When will I receive my tickets?
- Tickets will arrive approximately 14 days prior to your departure. If you haven't received your tickets within 7 days of your departure, please contact us using the help page.
- Will I need to take an electrical adapter?
- The voltage onboard will vary across the ships, so we would always advise you to take an electrical adaptor with you.
- How do I make a payment on the balance of my cruise?
- You can make payments and pay the balance of your cruise by logging in to manage my booking anytime up until the balance due date. Any remaining balance that is left on the due date will be automatically charged to your card.
- What is the difference between an outside and an inside cabin?
- An outside cabin or "ocean view" will have a picture window or porthole. An inside or "interior" cabin will have a mirror or artwork in place of a window.
- What is included in the price of my cruise?
- Your cruise price includes onboard accommodation, all main meals, daytime activities and evening entertainment.
- What is not included in the price of my cruise?
- Your cruise price doesn't include soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, gratuities (unless pre-paid), shore excursions, onboard photographs, purchases from the onboard shops, any spa or beauty treatments, casino expenditure, medical services and any other miscellaneous items you may purchase.
- Are pregnant women able to travel on a cruise?
- Due to health and safety reasons, most cruise lines are not able to accept passengers onboard who are 24 weeks pregnant or beyond on the return date. Passengers who are travelling whilst pregnant may be required to submit a letter from their doctor to confirm they are fit to travel. For more information please contact us before you book using the help page, or alternatively you can find full details for each cruise line's policy on their own website.
- Will there be lots on board to keep me entertained?
- Yes, the ships are like floating resorts with a range of facilities available and there are always lots of activities going on during the day and in the evening. You can choose to do as much or as little as you like, plus you'll be visiting lots of different ports where you can explore at your own leisure or on one of the ship's excursions.
- Are cruise ships wheelchair accessible?
- Yes, most cruise ships can accommodate passengers with wheelchairs or motorised scooters. The lifts have good access to the decks and public areas, and many ships have a number of accessible cabins available (subject to availability). If you have any specific requirements for an accessible cabin please advise us at time of booking.
- Are transfers included in the price?
- All fly/cruise packages through the cruise line will include return transfers from the airport to the port. Cruises that depart and return to the UK wonâ€™t include any transfers unless otherwise stated.
- I have special dietary requirements, how should I let the cruise ship know?
- The cruise lines will always do their best to cater for any special dietary requirements such as gluten-free and dairy-free meals. If you have a special request we would advise that you inform us of this at the time of booking so we can contact the cruise line to advise them.
- Will I need a valid passport and visa to travel?
- All passengers will need to have a valid passport to travel and it will need to have at least 6 months validity on your return date. Some countries may require an entry visa which you will need to organise before you travel. For the more information on visa requirements please visit www.fco.gov.uk/travel or call 0845 850 2829.
- What is the youngest age a child can travel?
- The minimum age limit with most cruise lines is 6 months, although this can be extended to 12 months on certain itineraries. Dependent on the chosen cruise line, children under the age of 18 or 21 will need to travel with a parent or legal guardian.
- What does it mean if a port has a tender?
- Normally a ship will berth at the dock or pier so that you can get straight off the ship. If a port has a tender this means either the ship is too big or the water is too shallow so you will be taken to the shore on small tender boats.
- I'm a past passenger, do you need my membership number?
- Before you book your cruise we will ask you if you've travelled with the cruise line before, so you can enter your membership number in here. If you think that your membership number has not been added to your booking, please contact us using the help page.
- Where can I get information on ABTA ?
- Our ABTA number is P6623. More details about bonvoyage.co.uk can be found on ABTA's website here.
- I'm not a UK citizen or a resident of the UK; can I still book my cruise?
- In most cases you should be able to book as the majority of cruise lines do allow overseas bookings. You will need to make sure that your passport meets the UK criteria and any applicable visas will be your own responsibility to arrange. You will be bound by the cruise lines UK terms and conditions, which may vary from their Worldwide ones, as well as our own booking conditions. If you are unsure or have any questions before you book, please contact us using the help page.
- Will I need to pay a Service Charge onboard?
- The cruise lines will include a service charge in the price of most onboard purchases such as drinks and spa treatments. This is generally 15% and it is automatically added so it will show on your account statement at the end of the cruise.
- How do I pay for things onboard the ship?
- The cruise ships operate a cashless system on board. All payments will be charged to your cabin card and a credit/debit card will be required at check-in.
- Do I have to pay tips onboard?
- Yes, tips are compulsory on most ships and will generally be added automatically to your on board account where applicable. For more information, please see the cruise lines own website.
- What is the smoking policy onboard the ship?
- Most cruise ships no longer allow smoking indoors but they will have designated smoking areas outside. There are still some cruise lines that do allow smoking on cabin balconies and in designated bars or lounges. If you need specific information for the ship you are travelling on, please contact us using the help page.
- Can I pay a deposit?
- Yes, most cruise lines will let you pay a deposit up to 14 weeks before departure. It varies between the cruise lines but is normally either a percentage of the total cost or a set amount per person. Before you go through to confirm your booking we will advise you whether you can pay a deposit or if full payment is required.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Payments can be made using the following debit or credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Delta, Switch, Maestro, Solo, Visa Electron, Delta and JCB.
When paying with a credit card an additional 2% charge will be added to your booking.
|Azamara||Celebrity Cruises||Cunard Cruises||MSC Cruises||P&O Cruises|
|Princess Cruises||Royal Caribbean|
|Caribbean Cruises||Mediterranean Cruises||Baltic Cruises||Panama Canal Cruises||Transatlantic Cruises|